People in Melbourne are as likely to be seen working out as they are to watch a game of rugby, cricket, or the Australian Football League, making the city the unofficial fitness capital of Australia. And how exactly? Yoga studios, gyms, and wellness centres abound; some even have seawater pools and sleeping pods for their clients' convenience. Read on for information on the best dance & spin studios in the Melbourne area.
Economically, culturally, and in terms of fitness, Melbourne is prospering. In light of this, the fact that Melbourne features so many gyms is hardly surprising. If you're looking to lose weight, get in better shape, or just feel better, our directory of gyms in Melbourne can help you find the right place.
Top Melbourne Gyms
If you're a fitness nut living in Melbourne, you should know that a number of new gyms have opened up that are giving the existing franchises a run for their money. Numerous independent fitness centres offer a more individualised service than the big box gyms. It's not too early to start planning for a new venture in 2021, whether it is a side hustle or your primary source of income. Discover Melbourne's top boutique & independent fitness centres right here.
Leo Berry's Gym – Richmond Boxing Club
The Richmond Boxing Club, started by the late great Leo Berry, is a fixture in the city. Since the 1960s, it has been a hub for competitive kickboxing and a lifeline for local youngsters from low-income families. The gym welcomes people of all fitness levels and experience levels, not only boxers, and organises a number of different workout workshops to help the community stay in shape. Boxing methods including bag and pad work, in addition to more traditional fitness routines, are taught in its popular hour - long circuit programmes.
We don't think you really thought we'd forget about this one. In Melbourne, Leo Berry's Gym & Boxing Club has been there for quite some time, and is a well-respected and well-known part of the community. The famous boxer and trainer first started the club in 1954, and it has been serving the area's low-income youngsters ever since it moved to its present location in 1987. Whether you're just beginning out or planning to compete, they'll help you out because all of their trainers are actual professional boxers.
The chic neighbourhoods of Flinders Street, Fitzroy, South Melbourne, & Windsor are all home to a Barre Body boutique studio. The interiors of each of these places are flawless, with whitewashed floors, brick walls, and cutting-edge lighting.
The studios provide a variety exercise barre, pilates, yoga, & cardio courses every day of the week. Barre Body Online provides its members with access to a wide variety of workouts led by certified instructors. According to Barre Body, it will quickly become a habit that you won't would like to give up.
Virgin Active Collins Street
If you're looking for a state-of-the-art fitness centre in Melbourne, go no farther than Virgin Active on Downtown. There is a spa, a sauna, a interactive flowing studio, an indoor sports wall, a sleep pod for a 20 minute snooze after a workout, a government-approved yoga studio, and much more. The pool is 25 metres (82 feet) long.
There is also a massive fitness centre with state-of-the-art equipment and over 250 different classes to choose from every week. The Virgin brand guarantees first-rate service from friendly, knowledgeable staff members around the clock.
Balance North Health & Wellbeing
BalanceNorth is a new studio in the city's north that offers a wide selection of health and lifestyle services and classes. Everything from physical therapy reformer pilates but also muscle energy group exercise courses to dietetics, corrective shiatsu but also myotherapy, relaxation massage, such as hot stone massages, and podiatry is available under one roof, making it convenient for anyone looking for a new way to exercise or a more holistic approach to their health.
BalanceNorth is a one-stop shop for all of your nutritional supplement requirements. You can find a group of trained health professionals, a modern studio, and a tranquil garden at BalanceNorth. A hidden oasis awaits you in Melbourne's inner north, and as an added bonus, you can get 5 pilates sessions for only $50 right now.
Apparatus Private Studios
The studio relies heavily on TRX and Pilates. The TRX allows you to use gravity as well as your body weight to perform a wide range of exercises. Suspension, rip, as well as functional training are some of the methods used in these classes. If you want to give pilates a try, you can do mat work and semi-regenerative sessions anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. It's not surprising that a place as caring and body-aware as Apparatus would offer both individual and group Pilates training sessions.
Progression Fitness Club – Glasshouse
Progression Fitness Club, situated in Melbourne's sporting precinct, offers high-intensity speed work (HIIT), three different types of strength training, as well as yoga classes. The membership grants you entrance towards the Greenhouse condition Gym, the Paralympic Park's oval with a three-lane half - mile athletic path, the Greenhouse condition Café, and also the altitude room in the Holden Centre that can accommodate up to 50 people. Boxing, meditation, and running classes, as well as an outdoor training programme, are offered at six distinct locations each week.
Brighton Baths Health Club
A Brighton Baths Health Club, Victoria's only open seawater seat driveway pool, opened in 1881. It was 50 metres (164 feet) in length. The gym offers a variety of cardio machines and free weights, and is housed inside with view of the sea. Outdoors on the Lido Deck, you'll find equipment like a boxing bag & Resistance training suspension bands. If you're looking with something a little different from the ordinary, look no further than Brighton Baths Health Club, home to Victoria's only private pool and boardwalk.
The HIIT Factory
It places a premium on high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to facilitate rapid fitness gains. The vast majority of classes at HIIT Factory only last a few minutes and can be done with nothing but your own bodyweight as resistance. Choose the one you like most. Franchises of HIIT Factory may be found in several locations in Melbourne, including Werribee, Essendon, & Yarraville. You won't find a better place in city to get your heart racing in a hurry.
Bodhi & Ride
Bodhi & Ride's 45-minute ride lessons take place in the club-like Ride Chamber, which is furnished with state-of-the-art bikes, cardio gear, and lower- and upper-body weights. In order to simulate the experience of bouncing on the a packed dance floor, classes often have 50 different illumination options, loud DJ-mixed audio, plus bikes grouped in a confined space. You can visit Bodhi & Ride at either of their two Melbourne locations; the primary one is located in Port Melbourne, while the second is located in the city proper.
Healthy Fit in Fitzroy North offers personal, semi-private, & group training sessions with an integrative method of health, fitness, & nutrition. In order to reach their short-term and long-term weight loss goals, members must collaborate with a fitness and health coach. The gym is an all-inclusive facility because it offers members access to nutrition coaching services.
5th Element Wellness
At 5th Element Wellness, you may take use of a variety of health and fitness offerings, including group fitness classes, a yoga studio, fitness equipment, and even an indoor jumping wall. There aren't many places like 5th Element, which has a juice bar, a wellness medical doctor who does blood chemistry tests, and a library stocked with health and wellbeing literature and publications. There's a Colorado-imported infrared sauna for post-workout detoxification, as well as a premium Cold Tub, a immune-boosting tub built by the same individuals who offer cryotherapy equipment to the greatest athletes in the United States.
Real combat gym Prestige launched in Melbourne's CBD in October 2013. In contrast to any other hotel in the city, the Prestige is situated on King Street, about two minutes from from the Southern Cross Depot Melbourne fighting facility. Predrag Galic, the gym's head trainer, wanted to make sure that his students had a comfortable environment in which to improve their skills without frightening away the casual onlookers. More than two decades of practise have allowed him to master the nuances of three martial arts: boxing, Muay Thai, & kickboxing.
FAQs About Gyms In Melbourne
This Flinders Street Melbourne gym creates an all-girls club atmosphere that allows women of every age and body shape to feel welcomed and accepted. As you might suspect, there are lots of classes from yoga to Zumba. In addition, there are special programs for pregnancy and even wedding day preparation to fit into that beautiful gown.
They are the ONLY gym within the Melbourne CBD that is staffed 24:7 and will never change. Never will we have ‘key card’ access. We will never use the excuse of ‘economic pressures’ to replace their valuable team with a computer-controlled door—heavy Weights, Modern Equipment, Open 24/7, Dumbbells, Trainer, Treadmill.
Use the Club Locator to find their contact information. When can I use a gym that isn't a home gym? After 30 days of membership, you are eligible to access any of our thousands of gyms worldwide. We recommend that you verify with your home gym that your anywhere access has been activated before visiting another gym.
Gyms, indoor swimming, classes, community sport, indoor fitness and recreation centres are open to everyone. There are no density limits and you don't have to prove your vaccination status.
Membership contracts entered into by a child or young adolescent under the age of 16 years must be signed by a parent or guardian.
The core concept is that everything must originate from the heart. You can achieve extraordinary results by incorporating it into your everyday life. Every day, Anytime Fitness helps a half-million people improve their lives. Cardio, strength, free weights, and functional training are all available, and the newest fitness equipment is available at all Anytime Fitness Clubs. Instructional Services, Cardio Equipment, a Well-Stocked Gym, and a Focus on Functional Movement.
Doherty’s Gym City
Their core beliefs state that they support their community. In any case. They take the time to learn about and from their members, making them experts in their field. That's who they train with. To put it another way, they see them. They are familiar with their intimate connections. Why? Because users know it matters and they want to make that difference.
Because of this, they will always be the only 24 hour gym in the Melbourne central business district. There will be no "key card" entry ever. Heavy Weights, Modern Equipment, Open 24/7, Dumbbells, Trainer, Treadmill We will never use the excuse of "economic pressures" to replace their valuable team with a computer-controlled door. The 24-hour fitness centre here is a step above the typical low-cost franchise gym. It's accessible from four different spots, one of which is a recently renovated fitness centre in the heart of the city. Doherty takes great pride in its laid-back approach to life. Non-members can pay $10 to drop in on a whim.
There is a retail Pro Shop and EZ Bar serving sports drinks in the Central Business District. And the Flinders Street one even has boxing! Pacific Health Clubs and City Club Health and Fitness are two more high-end options in Melbourne Fitness Center at the Grand Hyatt.
South Yarra will be the site of 1R Gym, the company's first and largest location in Australia. 1R Gym is based in the United Kingdom. The enormous complex was designed by Melbourne's Foolscap Studios. They have a coffee and smoothie bar, free prosecco on Fridays, and a whopping 800 square metres to work with nights in the 1R bar, a store selling athletic wear by local designers, with or without gym facilities.
They have three different types of classes called Reshape, Rumble, and Reformer, and each one has a playlist that was specially selected by psychologists to be the most inspiring possible. The Repair room has everything you need to look and feel your best after a workout, including Grown Alchemist items, Dyson and GHD hair dryers and straighteners, and a phone specifically for calling in repairs ordering drinks at the bar—this place is luxe.
Uplift is the perfect gym for you if you've been putting off trying proper strength training because of the high cost of one-on-one personal trainer sessions. The goal of Uplift, a strength-based group training facility that offers both personal and group training, is to bridge the gap between the two through progressive programming and individually tailored nutrition coaching.
How do they stand out from the crowd? Uplift members keep track of their reps, sets, and weights using an online mobile tracking system, allowing coaches to hold you accountable or members to stay on top of your progress. In addition, they provide custom nutrition plans that cater to each client by tailoring the amount of protein, fat, carbohydrate, and calorie intake to the individual's needs. Say farewell to short-term diet plans but instead hello to a holistic and adaptable strategy that has been shown to produce long-term success.
LA-based gym Barry’s has just launched their first Melbourne venue following the success of their Sydney branches. Get your mind out of the gutter; we are not referring to the Fifty Shades of Grey version of the Red Room; rather, their scientific approach is meant to help you become the best possible version of yourself. The new studio will feature a Barry's Fuel Bar for post-workout hydration, as well as Dyson small appliances, complimentary towels, Hairspray . hair care products, and a retail space for all your Barry's merch.
FoxFit is designed to help women get in shape without any of the stereotypically masculine male trainers or clients being present. FoxFit has been operating as a business since 2011, giving its staff a decade of experience in the field. Functional training, strength exercises, strength training, and personal training are the four types of workouts available in 45-minute classes. The cost of joining them ranges, so people of all financial means can find a place to work out.
Genesis Fitness Club
This Melbourne gym is located right in the central business district, so that workers can quickly and easily get away from their seats for a while. This top-notch fitness centre features not one but two floors. There are cutting-edge appliances and setups all throughout. Yoga, Pilates, and Zumba are just a few of the more than 30 weekly classes available. A registered dietitian is also available. In addition, there are a plethora of well-liked personal training programmes available to help you track your progress towards your goals. This is one of the best Melbourne fitness centres for the harried executive.
Fernwood Fitness Melbourne
This is a luxurious gym for the ladies! This Flinders Street Melbourne Women of all ages and body types can enjoy the supportive community that forms in a gym setting. It comes as no surprise that there are many different types of classes, from yoga to Zumba. There are prenatal exercise classes and programmes designed to help you look your best on your wedding day. You can leave your kid with a babysitter and hit the gym without overlooking a beat thanks to these services. Endermologie is a service offered at some spas. Breakfast is on the house for those who get up early.
Re-Creation Health Clubs
As with many Melbourne fitness centres, Re-creation Health Club exudes an air of sophisticated elegance. In the hip South Melbourne area, renowned for its many cafés, there has been a theft. For those who value their fitness and family time, the facility provides both child care and opulent locker rooms. It has a submission grappling circuit but instead a big screen for sports activities in addition to a wide variety of classes. This could be the best Melbourne fitness centre for you if money is no object.
Personal trainers who put you and your health first. Everyone here at Beach Fit Bondi is dedicated to providing you with a first-rate experience during your visit. No matter if you're a first-time gym-goer, a seasoned fitness pro, or just in Sydney for the day looking for such a great gym, you'll find what you're looking for at Bondi's best facility. Come on in to Beach Fit Bondi and say hi to our helpful staff members; they'll be happy to greet you and discuss your fitness objectives. In addition to being the home of Beach Fit Bondi, F45 is a proud member of the Beach Fit family! Designed to test your limits as a team, these high-intensity workouts incorporate elements of cardio, strength training, and conditioning.
Life is hectic enough as it is, so take the time to exercise how and when it works best for you. Those who value efficiency over time spent in the gym will appreciate the facility we've created for you. More than 250 Jetts gyms can be used around the clock, any day of the year, making it easy and convenient to get in a workout wherever you happen to be.
Our brand new 30-minute HIIT team training, J Series, is now available at select Jetts clubs. This method of exercise is intended to be efficient at burning fat and producing results rapidly. You will get a total-body workout by combining high-intensity interval training (HIIT) cardio, strength training, and fusion training. Check out the J Series info page if you want to learn more. Our mission is to serve as a source of motivation as you pursue a life of greater fulfilment, with the hopes that you will find your unique niche in the world, embrace risk, believe in yourself, push forwards, and ultimately define success as you see it.
A network of 24-hour fitness centres across Australia. A membership to Snap Fitness grants you access to any of their locations in Australia. Good if you frequently use gyms away from home or on the road. Snap provides more than just the standard fare of cardio machines and weights found in most gyms. Get more out of your workouts by working with a personal trainer. Everyone, from novices to experts, will get the best possible workout, have their progress monitored closely, and be motivated to keep going the whole way!
High-intensity workouts are popular because they are effective. A MYFIT workout lasts for 20 minutes and consists of 60 seconds of high-intensity activity accounting for 31 seconds of rest. You'll boost your cardio endurance, strength, agility, and agility with this regularly rotating programme of exercises. Workouts on MYFIT combine functional, cardio, and strength training, and are timed to your heart rate so you always remember what zone user should be in.
Yoga studios, gyms, and wellness centres can be found in every corner of Melbourne, making it the de facto fitness capital of Australia. Many boutique fitness centres that cater to each member's specific needs have recently sprung up. Leo Berry's Gym is a city institution; it caters to members and non-members alike and hosts a variety of exercise classes and workshops to encourage residents to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The Melbourne institution that is Leo Berry's Gym & Boxing Club enjoys widespread renown and esteem. Flinders Street, Fitzroy, South Melbourne, and Windsor are all home to a location of Barre Body, a boutique fitness facility that provides a wide range of barre, pilates, yoga, and cardio classes.
The Virgin Workout Modern amenities at the Collins Street Fitness Centre include a spa, sauna, interactive flowing studio, indoor sports wall, sleep pod for a 20-minute nap post-workout, government-approved yoga studio, and swimming pool. Located in the northern part of the city, the brand-new studio Balance North Health & Wellbeing provides a comprehensive range of wellness-related services and classes. With a staff of knowledgeable health specialists, a contemporary studio, and a relaxing garden, BalanceNorth is your one-stop shop for all of your nutritional supplement needs. You can find TRX and Pilates at Apparatus Private Studios, and you can do high-intensity speed work, three kinds of strength training, and yoga at Progress Fitness Club. The HIIT Factory provides HIIT courses using only your own bodyweight as resistance, and Brighton Baths Health Club has a number of cardio machines and free weights.
- Melbourne is widely recognised as Australia's unofficial fitness capital since its residents are just as likely to be spotted at the gym as they are at a game of rugby, cricket, or the Australian Football League.
- There is an abundance of fitness centres, spas, and health centres that offer everything from seawater pools to sleeping pods.
- Melbourne is thriving in all respects, economically, culturally, and in terms of physical health.
- Due to this, it shouldn't come as a surprise that there are numerous fitness centres in Melbourne.
- Whether your goal is weight loss, improved physical health, or simply increased well-being, our directory of gyms in Melbourne is a great place to start your search.
- The many small, locally owned fitness centres out there generally provide better, more personalised service than the massive, corporate gyms.
- Richmond's Leo Berry's Boxing Club and Gym Richmond is home to the legendary Richmond Boxing Club, which was founded by Leo Berry.
- As a long-standing business, Leo Berry's Gym & Boxing Club has earned a solid reputation and widespread recognition among Melbourne locals.
- Absent-minded physique A Barre Body boutique studio may be found in the trendy areas of Flinders Street, Fitzroy, South Melbourne, and Windsor.
- Members of Barre Body Online can choose from a wide range of exercises taught by trained professionals.
- Barre Body claims that it will become an indispensible part of your routine very quickly.
- It's on Virgin Active Collins Street, and it's a good place to start. Downtown Melbourne's Virgin Active is your best bet for a cutting-edge gym.
- There is also a large fitness centre with cutting-edge machines and more than two hundred and fifty weekly exercise options.
- Wellness in the North: A Balanced Approach BalanceNorth is a brand-new studio in the northern part of the city, and it provides a wide range of wellness-related services and classes.
- If you're looking for a one-stop shop for all of your dietary supplement needs, go no farther than BalanceNorth.
- BalanceNorth features a staff of qualified health experts, a state-of-the-art studio, and a peaceful garden.
- The inner north of Melbourne is home to a veritable sanctuary, and right now you can receive 5 pilates lessons for just $50.
- Studio Spaces for Unique Objects Pilates and the TRX are the mainstays of the studio's programming.
- Progress Health & Fitness Center: The Glasshouse Located in Melbourne, Australia's athletic precinct, Progression Fitness Club provides its members with HIIT, three distinct forms of weight training, and yoga courses.
- Athletic Club in the Historic Brighton Baths Established in 1881, the Brighton Baths Health Club boasts Victoria's first open seawater seat driveway pool.
- Brighton Baths Health Club is Victoria's only private pool and boardwalk, so if you're seeking for something out of the usual, you've found it.
- The Home of Insanely Intense Training It emphasises HIIT sessions that are short in duration and high in intensity to help people get in shape quickly.
- "Bodhi & Ride" The Ride Chamber at Bodhi & Ride is a club-like space where riders may enjoy 45-minute ride lessons surrounded by cutting-edge bikes, cardio equipment, and lower and upper body weights.
- Bodhi & Ride has two sites in Melbourne; the first is near Port Melbourne, while the other is in the central business district.
- Healthy Fit is a health, fitness, and nutrition centre in Fitzroy North that provides individual, semi-private, and group training sessions.
- Members need to work with a fitness and health coach in order to meet their short- and long-term weight loss objectives.
- The gym goes above and above for its members by also providing them with access to nutrition guidance.
- Fifth Element Health At 5th Element Wellness, you may take use of many different health and fitness options, such as group exercise classes, a yoga studio, fitness equipment, and even an indoor jumping wall.
- Reputable Fitness Center In October 2013, the authentic combat gym Prestige opened in Melbourne's Central Business District.
- He has trained for almost two decades, and as a result, he is an expert in three different forms of martial arts: boxing, Muay Thai, and kickboxing.
- At Your Own Pace Fitness Everything you do must have genuine emotional motivation behind it.
- Over 500,000 people benefit from Anytime Fitness' services every day.
- All Anytime Fitness Clubs have state-of-the-art exercise equipment, and members have access to a wide variety of cardio, strength, free weights, and functional training options.
- A.K.A., Doherty's Fitness Center They believe in giving back to the neighbourhood where they live.
- It's for this reason that they will remain the only open-all-hours fitness centre in Melbourne's CBD.
- The 24-hour fitness centre is a cut above the average budget chain.
- You can find several high-end options in addition to the Melbourne Fitness Center at the Grand Hyatt, like Pacific Health Clubs and City Club Health and Fitness.
- The flagship and largest 1R Gym in Australia will be located at 1R South Yarra.
- Uplift If you've been putting off trying real strength training due to the expensive cost of one-on-one personal trainer sessions, Uplift is the ideal gym for you.
- Uplift is a gym that aims to close the gap between personal training and group exercise by using progressive programming and individualised nutrition coaching.
- Barry's Fitness in Los Angeles With the success of their locations in Sydney, Barry's has opened their first restaurant in Melbourne.
- In addition to complimentary towels, Hairspray, and Dyson small appliances, the new studio will also have a Barry's Fuel Bar for post-workout refreshment.
- Foxit FoxFit is a programme created specifically for women to assist them get in shape in an environment free of the stereotypically masculine male trainers and clientele.
- Classes are 45 minutes long and include functional training, strength exercises, strength training, and personal training.
- Almost 30 sessions per week are provided, including yoga, pilates, and zumba.
- Among the best fitness centres in Melbourne, this is a great option for the busy professional.
- At Fernwood Fitness in Melbourne This is the ultimate women's fitness centre!
- To ensure that you feel and look your best on your wedding day, many fitness centres offer prenatal workout programmes.
- Fitness Centers for Rejuvenation Re-creation Health Club, like many other Melbourne health clubs, has a classy, sophisticated vibe.
- If cost is no object, this might be the top fitness centre in Melbourne.
- Health-focused personal trainers who care about you.
- When you visit Beach Fit Bondi, you can expect nothing less than the best service possible from our whole staff.
- The top Bondi gym has everything you need, whether you're a first-time gym-goer, a fitness pro, or just in Sydney for the day.
- These intense exercises include cardio, strength training, and conditioning to push you to your limits as a team.
- Jetts The pace of life is frenetic enough as it is, so prioritise fitness however and whenever it fits into your schedule.
- More than 250 Jetts gyms are open 24/7/365, making it easy to squeeze in a workout no matter where you are.
- Many Jetts clubs now offer J Series, our brand-new 30-minute HIIT team workout.
- By mixing HIIT with strength training and fusion training, you will receive a full-body workout.
- Learn more by visiting the J Series resource page.
- Quick Workouts A system of gyms open around the clock all around Australia.